Visual Song Book is a slide show program for projecting lyrics during song service. Using dual monitors allows the song book operator to access other features and even other programs one monitor while the congregation sings the verses shown on the other display.
VerseVIEW is a collection of free software applications that brings the Bible and Song lyrics in various languages to your computer and your mobile devices. With the PC version you can use it to present Bible verses and Song lyrics on the projector screen in various languages to benefit churches and christian ministries and individuals around the world to read the Word of God. The purpose of VerseVIEW is to provide the Word of God in various languages with the digital technology. All the VerseVIEW software are free.
- VerseVIEW Song Book 11 is an Android app that has a collection of over 3000 Malayalam (most with English transliteration), 1000 Hindi, 800 Tamil, 500 Telugu and a collection of Bengali and Kannada lyrics. Some of the songs have a video button that plays the music video for that song from YouTube.
- Largest and best collection of Malayalam Song Lyrics with music chords for most common songs. Collection of songs with chords; All Malayalam Song lyrics.
LIST OF VerseVIEW APPLICATIONS
VerseVIEW has 3 applications.
VerseVIEW for Windows and Apple computers
- VerseVIEW is used to present Bible verses and Song lyrics on the projector screen with beautiful backgrounds similar to powerpoint.
- This version supports over 40 languages of Bible. The most common usage is with various Indian languages such as Malayalam, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, English. Other languages include, Chinese, Arabic, Romanian, Spanish, Tagalog, Farsi. The Bible verses are displayed in choice of two languages on the same projector or TV screen.
- This software supports presenting Song lyrics and it comes preloaded with over 1500 Malayalam christian song lyrics, over 500 Hindi, Tamil song lyrics each. Most of these songs have English transliteration and both can be shown on the projector screen.
- This software is used in churches to present the Bible verses and Songs on the projector screen. Individuals also use it at home to read Bible in two languages as a parallel Bible.
- This software has a very fast search feature and the user could search for any word or phrase in the Bible text. This is very beneficial when preparing a message.
- VerseVIEW has features to schedule verses and songs for the meeting. This way it is easy to access it.
- VerseVIEW has feature for the user to take notes for the Bible verse.
- Users can add and edit song lyrics.
VerseVIEW Songbook for Android and iPhones
- This application is preloaded with over 1700 Malayalam, and over 500 Hindi, Tamil song lyrics
- Most songs have English transliteration. This helps many younger generation to sing the song.
- On the Android version, some songs have links to play the song on Youtube
- Users can easily bookmark songs
- This application is used many to sing song at church and at home
VerseVIEW Mobile Bible for Android and iPhone
- Users can read upto 3 translations as parallel Bible
- Translations include, English KJV, Malayalam, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu. Also Kannada on Android version.
- Feature to find the related verses for any verses
- We can add notes to the verses
- Bookmark verses
- Share verses via emails, message, or on social media.
Initial versions of VerseVIEW software was created around 2006-2007 time frame. This was created as a small tool for my church (Philadelphia Pentecostal Church of Dallas IPC) to show English and Malayalam Bible verses on the projector screen at the same time.
Many people were interested in it. There was no other software that did the same. Due to positive interest, this software was released to the public in 2008 for Windows and MAC computers.
Since then, various version of the software have been released along with adding presentation of song lyrics. In 2012, the software was extended to add applications on Android and iPhone/iPad devices.
NUMBER OF DOWNLOADS
- PC software – over 100,000
- Songbook application – over 200,000
- Mobile Bible application – over 100,000
Over time few individuals have volunteered their time to help with the VerseVIEW effort. Individuals have have seen benefits of VerseVIEW and contacted me to be part of this effort. These are people from around the world. We use emails and phone conversations to work together over various aspects of the VerseVIEW. We are all doing this during our free time and it is all to glorify our Lord. These are the people who are very involved with VerseVIEW effort.
- Bro. Abraham George. He resides in Doha – He manages all the Malayalam, Hindi, Tamil song lyrics database. When we receive new Malayalam songs or corrections, he would type the song and also add the transliteration to English for the songs. He also helps create material for the VerseVIEW Facebook page.
- Bro. Deepu Thomas. He lives in Kansas City – He is helping with the software effort. He has created tools to help build the song lyrics database. He is currently helping with updating the VerseVIEW Mobile Bible application to add more translations and other exciting features.
- Bro. Jaimon Kuriakose. He is from Thrissur – He is a talented graphics artist and helps with the graphics work for VerseVIEW. He has created the icons and splash screens for the VerseVIEW application. He has also created graphics for promotional material for VerseVIEW.
- Bro. Sijo Paul from Dubai, started helping with social media aspects of VerseVIEW.
There are other volunteers who have helped:
Prasanna Souza started helping with creating Kannada song database for VerseVIEW
Sam Mathew from Tamil Nadu helped with creating part of the Tamil Song lyrics database
Johan from St. Petersburg helped with Russian song lyrics database
EXAMPLES OF USAGE AROUND THE WORLD
- VerseVIEW is extensively used in South Indian churches around the world.
- VerseVIEW is used with Farsi Bible translations in Sweden among immigrant Iranian christians.
- VerseVIEW is used with Arabic Bible and Song lyrics in various Arabic churches in the US and Egypt.
- VerseVIEW is used in bilingual Spanish/English churches in the US and South America.
- VerseVIEW is used in Chinese Bible translation to create slides to spread the Gospel
- VerseVIEW is used with Mongolian translation in few churches in Mongolia.
The christian community hears about VerseVIEW from their friends and family or they would see it at a church. Then they would contact via email.
A missionary working in China uses VerseVIEW PC software to create slides in Chinese and English.
There are Arabic churches in the US and Egypt that use verseview to present verses in Arabic and English
There are Romanian churches around the US that use VerseVIEW.
Plan for VerseVIEW is to continue to improve the software to help churches and Christian ministries and individuals and communities with Bible and Song lyrics on their computers and mobile devices.
The plan to to keep VerseVIEW free of charge.
Please pray for the VerseVIEW efforts and help promote VerseVIEW to those who might find it useful.
I am very grateful to Thoolika TV and their wonderful team for this chance to talk about VerseVIEW on their online channel.
God Bless you
How to install VerseVIEW on your Windows PC?
Please see “Installing VerseVIEW“
How to add Bible Verses and song lyrics to the lower 1/3rd of the live stream video from VerseVIEW?
For Windows: VV7 with OBS on Windows
Please see “VerseVIEW 7 Text Overlay with OBS on MAC“
How to setup VerseVIEW to show lower third with vMIX?
Please see “Remote Lower Third with VerseVIEW and vMix“
Verseview Songbook Online
Having issues with updating VerseVIEW on Mac with 10.5 (Catalina) OS?
Please download the updated version for Mac Catalina from the downloads page. Download, unzip and run verseview_7_2_0.app
How to customize Remote Lowerthirds with VerseVIEW?
Please see this note.
How to import song database?
Please see “Installing Song Database video“
How to add songs to the database on VerseVIEW?
Please see “Adding new Songs to the Database video“
What to do if the following error message shows: “The application cannot be installed due to a certificate problem. The certificate does not match the installed application certificate, does not support application upgrades, or is invalid. Please contact the application author.”
- Uninstall the existing VerseVIEW from Windows or MAC
- Install the latest version from the VerseVIEW site.
Verseview Songbook Free Download For Pc
Launching VerseVIEW produces the following error “app:/verseview2.html][11:00:49] TypeError: Result of expression ‘bibleVersionArray[e]’ [undefined] is not an object.”. VerseVIEW does not open
- Close VerseVIEW
- Open Windows Explore and go to C:Users[Your user name]AppDataRoaming folder.
- There you will find a folder named Verseview7. Rename it to something else. (Don’t delete it)
- Then restart VerseVIEW. It will rebuild the entire database.
- Open terminal and change folder to the following:
- /Users/<userName>/Library/Containers/(folder with verseview)/Data/Library/Application Support/[OR]
- There you will find a folder named Verseview7. Rename it to something else. (Don’t delete it)
- Then launch VerseVIEW again. It will rebuild the entire database
Hindi font for songs are not showing correctly for some songs
Verseview Songbook Free Download
Download and install Shusha font. Then restart VerseVIEW.
How to display just one Bible Version on the presentation
Click on Bible > Select Version from the top menu. Then check the box that says “Display only one Version” and click SAVE.
How does one install VerseVIEW on a computer that does not have Internet connection
- Download Adobe AIR from the Download page
- Download VerseVIEW, also from the Download page.
- Install Adobe AIR first and then VerseVIEW.
What to do if the font for the Bible translation or Songs do not look correct.
Some text requires special font that has to be installed on your computer. Ensure you are using the latest version of VerseVIEW. This should automatically include the latest font.
Go to Bible > Manager Version from the top menu and select the translation of choice to available fonts.
Verse View Online
How to capture a screen shot?
There are number of ways to capture a screenshot. Ideally, open VerseVIEW or the application that you want the screenshot of. Then press Alt + PrintSCREEN button on your keyboard together. Open PAINT program and paste (CTRL+V) the screenshot on PAINT. Save the file as JPEG and email the file to [email protected]