- Oval Rectangle
- Oval Rectangle Clipart
- Oval Rectangle Shape
- Oval Rectangle Trampolines
- Oval Rectangle Clip Art
- Oval Rectangle Above Ground Pool
A rectangle is a quadrilateral with four right angles. It is one of the simplest shapes, and calculating its area only requires that its length and width are known (or can be measured). A quadrilateral by definition is a polygon that has four edges and vertices. Shop for rectangle trampolines online at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more. – 99 lbs 100 – 149 lbs 150 – 199 lbs 200 – 249 lbs 250 – 299 lbs 300 lbs and above Round Hexagon Oval Octagon Rectangle AMEP Costway Flybar HearthSong Jumpking Trampolines JumpSport Little Tikes Plum ProForm SereneLife.
Convert rectangular and oval duct geometry to a equivalent circular diameter - online calculator with imperial and SI-units
The equivalent diameter is the diameter of a circular duct or pipe that for equal flow gives the same pressure loss or resistance as an equivalent rectangular duct or pipe. A round shape results in lower pressure drops and less fan horsepower to move the air and, consequently, smaller equipment.
The equivalent diameter of a rectangular tube or duct can be calculated as (Huebscher)
de = 1.30 (a b)0.625 / (a + b)0.25 (1)
de = equivalent diameter (mm, inches)
a= length of major or minor side (mm, inches)
b= length of minor or major side (mm, inches)
- Hydraulic diameter - the 'characteristic length' used to calculate the dimensionless Reynolds Number
Example - Equivalent Diameter
The equivalent diameter of a 300 mm x 500 mm rectangular duct can be calculated as
de = 1.30 ((300 mm) (500 mm))0.625 / ((300 mm) + (500 mm))0.25
= 420 mm
Rectangular to Equivalent Circular Duct Calculator
The calculator below is based on formula (1). The formula is generic and any unit can be used.
Equivalent diameters for some common mm rectangular duct dimensions:
For full table with larger dimensions - rotate the screen!
|Circular equivalent diameter - de(mm)|
- a -
|Duct side - b(mm)|
print equivalent diameter diagram!
Equivalent diameters of some common inches rectangular ducts:
For full table - rotate the screen!
|Circular equivalent diameter (inches)|
- b -
|Length - a - (inches)|
print equivalent diameter diagram!
Oval Equivalent Diameter (Ellipse)
Flat oval ducts have smaller height requirements than round ducts and retain most of the advantages of the round ducts. Fittings for flat oval ducts are difficult to fabricate or modify in the field.
The equivalent diameter of a oval duct or tube (ellipse) can be calculated as (Heyt & Diaz)
de = 1.55 A0.625 / P0.25 (2)
A = cross-sectional area oval duct (m2, in2)
P = perimeter oval duct (m, inches)
The cross-sectional area of an oval duct can be expressed as
A = π a b / 4
a = major dimension of the flat oval duct (m, in)
b = minor dimension of the flat oval duct (m, in)
The perimeter of an oval duct (ellipse) can be approximated to
Oval Rectangle Clipart
P ≈ 2 π (1/2 ((a / 2)2 + (b / 2)2))1/2 (2b)
Equivalent diameters of oblong ducts or pipes can be expressed as
de = 1.55 (π b2 / 4 + a b - b2)0.625/(π b + 2 a - 2 b)0.25 (3)
Oval Rectangle Shape
Note! - equivalent diameter is not the same as hydraulic diameter. The hydraulic diameter express the rate between the area section of the duct or tube, and the wetted perimeter of the duct or tube. Hydraulic diameter is used to determine if the flow is laminar or turbulent and to calculate the pressure loss.
Oval Rectangle Trampolines
- Fluid Mechanics - The study of fluids - liquids and gases. Involves velocity, pressure, density and temperature as functions of space and time
- Ventilation - Systems for ventilation and air handling - air change rates, ducts and pressure drops, charts and diagrams and more
Oval Rectangle Clip Art
Oval Rectangle Above Ground Pool
- Air Ducts - Friction Loss Diagram - A major loss diagram for air ducts - Imperial units ranging 10 - 100 000 cfm
- Ducts - Diameter and Cross-Sectional Area - Circular ducts and cross-sectional areas
- Equivalent Diameter - Rectangular and Circular HVAC Ducts - Equivalent diameter for rectangular and circular ducts - air flows between 100 - 50000 cfm
- Equivalent Length Method - Calculating Minor Pressure Loss in Piping Systems - Pressure loss in piping systems by using the Equivalent Pipe Length Method
- Friction Head Loss in Air Ducts - Online Calculator - Head loss or major loss in air ducts - equations and online calculator for rectangular and circular ducts - Imperial and SI units
- Fuel Oil Storage Tanks - Dimensions of fuel oil storage tanks
- Hydraulic Diameter - Hydraulic diameter of pipes and ducts
- Rectangular Ducts - Commonly used Dimensions - Metric dimensions of commonly used rectangular air ducts in ventilation systems
- Rectangular Ducts - Hydraulic Diameter - Hydraulic diameter for rectangular ducts - metric units
- Smaller Rectangles within a Large Rectangle - The maximum number of smaller rectangles - or squares - within a larger rectangle (or square)