Camtasia Studio 20
|Initial release||28 October 2002; 18 years ago|
|Operating system||Windows 10 1607 or later, macOS 10.15 or later|
|Type||Screencasting and video editing software|
Here you can find the changelog of Camtasia Studio since it was posted on our website on 2015-04-25 03:00:00. The latest version is 8.6 and it was updated on 2021-03-17 14:26:41.
- 20 May, 2014: Camtasia for Mac 2.8.0. Added a cross platform Techsmith Recording format (.trec) that allows users to record on Camtasia (Mac) and edit in Camtasia (Win), or vice-versa. Added a timeline context menu option to remove all empty tracks; Fixed a bug that changes callout stroke width when scaling shape callouts.
- Camtasia is the go-to video solution for creating professional-looking software demonstrations, product tutorials, online lessons, and recorded presentations- no video experience needed. Record your screen, import PowerPoint presentations, or add video footage you already have.
Camtasia (/kæmˈteɪʒə/; formerly Camtasia Studio) is a software suite, created and published by TechSmith, for creating video tutorials and presentations directly via screencast, or via a direct recording plug-in to Microsoft PowerPoint. Audio or other multimedia recordings may be recorded at the same time or added separately from another source.
Camtasia consists of two major components:
- Camtasia Recorder - a separate tool for capturing screen audio and video
- Camtasia editor - the component for which the entire product is named, which is now a multimedia authoring tool with a 'timeline' interface for managing multiple clips in a stacked track form.
In Camtasia Recorder, users can start and stop recording with a hotkey combination at any time, at which point the recording can be halted and Camtasia Recorder can render the input that has been captured into a CAMREC format. The CAMREC file can be saved to disk or directly imported into the Camtasia component for editing. Camtasia Recorder allows audio recording while screen-capturing is in progress, so the presenter can capture live narration during a demonstration or presentation. Camtasia also supports dubbing in other audio tracks or voiceover during post-capture editing. Users may also download an add-in for Microsoft Power Point that will allow them to initiate recording of a presentation from within Power Point itself.
In Camtasia editor, multimedia objects of various formats can be imported into the clip library and arrange them in time order and stacked tracks using the timeline form of user controls. Overlays of various types may be added, including user-defined settings, such as when and how to display the cursor and pan-and-zoom effects such as the Ken Burns effect.
After capturing a presentation in the Camtasia Recorder, the Camtasia component can be used to modify audio and video displayed as tracks by using the timeline control and object library interface with an integrated preview window. The image in the infobox to the right is a screen capture of the timeline interface. In addition, Camtasia allows automatic captions (speech-to-text), voice overlay for the presenter or editor, as well as the ability to add sound effects in various formats.
Rendering and deployment
The Camtasia program allows import of various types of multimedia video and audio files including MP4, MP3, WMV, WMA, AVI, WAV and other formats into the Camtasia proprietary CAMREC format, which is readable by Camtasia. The CAMREC format is a single container for various multimedia objects including video clips, still images, document screen shots and special effect containers. The created video can be exported to common video formats including MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV, AVI, and Adobe Flash.
|Version||Date||Update 1||Update 2|
|8.0.0 for Windows||19 June 2012||v8.6.0 of 25 August 2015|
|9.0.0||11 October 2016||9.1.2 of 13 March 2018||9.1.5 of 7 May 2019|
|2018.0.0||19 June 2018||2018.0.8 of 7 May 2019|
|2019.0.0||30 April 2019|
|2020.0.0||28 April 2020|
|2021.0.0||27 April 2020|
Camtasia's shortcomings noted in the PC World review of January 17, 2013 and CNET review of June 19, 2012 are as follows:
- Rotation of objects is applied via a dialog rather than interactively, though many lower-priced video editors do provide interactive rotation and manipulation of objects such as text and video frames
- Recording live from a DV camera is not supported
- Still potentially overwhelming for the introductory user, tempered by the tutorial material available. NOTE the V8 release is a complete rewrite so much of the prior tutorial material written for the popular Camtasia v6 and v7 software for Microsoft Windows is not usable with this release.
- Audio handling has minimal capabilities and no integration with other packages compared to some competitors in this price range
- Lacks any video-clip manipulation or integration with other packages that have such capabilities
In 2005, PC World mentioned that Camtasia is 'powerful'.
In 2013, PC World published a 4 1/2 star review and noted Camtasia is a 'full-featured education/information video tool'.
In 2012, CNET published a review and noted that Camtasia is a 'feature-packed screencast app' and 'does have a learning curve'.
- ^ abc'Camtasia (Windows) Version History'. TechSmith. 27 April 2021. Retrieved 27 April 2021.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^ ab'Camtasia (Mac) Version History'. TechSmith. 27 April 2021. Retrieved 27 April 2021.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^'System Requirements'. TechSmith. 3 September 2020. Archived from the original on 26 July 2017. Retrieved 3 September 2020.
- ^Bass, Steve (31 August 2005). 'Tips & Tweaks: Podcasts and Screencasts'. PC World. IDG. Retrieved 22 September 2020.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Wiener Grotta, Sally; Grotta, Daniel (17 January 2013). 'Review: Camtasia Studio 8 raises the bar on interactive video creation'. PC World. IDG. Retrieved 22 September 2020.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Parker, Jason (18 June 2012). 'Camtasia 8 vastly improves screencast frame rates'. CNET. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 22 September 2020.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
Camtasia Studio 8.6 Commercial
Recommended Applications for Windows
Camtasia Studio 8 Windows 10
About Camtasia Studio
Camtasia Studio is a screen recording and video editing software. The download button above will download Camtasia Studio 8, however if you are looking for older or newer versions of Camtasia, use the download links below:
- Camtasia Studio 20.0.13: https://download.techsmith.com/camtasiastudio/releases/20013/camtasia.exe
- Camtasia Studio 19.0.10: https://download.techsmith.com/camtasiastudio/releases/19010/camtasia.exe
- Camtasia Studio 18.0.8: https://download.techsmith.com/camtasiastudio/releases/1808/camtasia.exe
- Camtasia Studio 9.1.5: https://download.techsmith.com/camtasiastudio/enu/915/camtasia.exe
- Camtasia Studio 8.6.0: https://download.techsmith.com/camtasiastudio/enu/860/camtasia.exe
- Camtasia Studio 7.1.1: https://download.techsmith.com/camtasiastudio/enu/711/camtasia.msi
- Camtasia Studio 6.0.3: https://download.techsmith.com/camtasiastudio/enu/603/camtasia.msi
- Camtasia Studio 5.1.0: https://download.techsmith.com/camtasiastudio/enu/510/camtasia.msi
- Camtasia Studio 4.0.2: https://download.techsmith.com/camtasiastudio/enu/402/camtasia.msi
- Camtasia Studio 3.1.2: https://download.techsmith.com/camtasiastudio/enu/312/camtasiaf.exe
- Camtasia Studio 2.1.2: https://download.techsmith.com/camtasiastudio/enu/212/camtasiaf.exe
- Camtasia Studio 1.1.1: https://download.techsmith.com/camtasiastudio/enu/111/camtasiaf.exe
Camtasia Studio helps you quickly create professional quality videos and share them with anyone, on nearly any device – without formal training.
Whether you need to train an audience, give a presentation, explain an idea, share knowledge, or offer feedback, Camtasia Studio makes it easy. Use Camtasia Studio to record on-screen activity, capture PowerPoint slides, add imported media, and more. Then enhance your videos with Camtasia Studio’s powerful editing tools, and easily share them with anyone, anywhere.
With multiple video and audio tracks, an extensive asset library, and the ability to animate content, Camtasia Studio allows you to create interactive videos that engage your audience. Plus, Camtasia Studio’s built-in quizzing lets you discover if your viewers are watching and learning from your content.
Technical Details about Camtasia Studio
Audio & Multimedia